Thursday, January 13, 2011

M*A*S*H

I have to say, I've been having fun watching M*A*S*H again.  For those that don't know me, I'm one of those people that is old enough to have seen it during its original run.  I'm 38 and it was on when I was growing up.  I did catch the reruns over the years but can't remember the last time I sat down and really watched M*A*S*H.  Since being in between jobs I was able to catch M*A*S*H from the pilot episode this time around and have been watching it since. 

What's made it so fun watching M*A*S*H again in years is all the guest stars I'm noticing.  The other day I ran across an episode with a brief appearance by John Ritter.  He looked like a baby!  One thing that's been standing out to me these days though, is the laugh track.  I mean it was a part of my life but watching it as an adult I'm noticing how they just plugged it in in spots that weren't that funny.  I caught the episode entitled "OR" today and the laugh track was left out, I have to say it was much better without it. 

I have to admit, there are times when I feel old while I watch it because I remember when it originally aired, even remember the final episode.  But it's still fun watching M*A*S*H again, it's almost new again.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe!!! I bought my hubby a MASH t-shirt for Christmas!! :)

amystreasures said...

niiiiiiiice

julie cavender said...

Well, I was already a grown up the first time through for MASH. Loved it then and still love it now. We catch it on the satellite when there's nothing else.