Sunday, September 25, 2011

An update of sorts....

I wanted to post an update before I got lost in a sea of organza for the next few weeks.  I'm gearing up to put my organza peonies in a shop across the street from my work, that's like a craft mall, the owner supports local artists.  When I went in there a few weeks ago and looked around, I started talking to her and as we talked I got excited about the prospect of having my things in there.  I didn't feel the same way about the place closer to my house, and knew this was where I needed to venture into the world of renting shop space.  In addition to that, my friend is planning on having an artist holiday open house at her place in last November/early December this year.  So I've been busy focusing on making peonies (well steps one and two of it) for over a week now.  I've gotten a lot done in terms of cutting my old stash of fabric, most of that is gone and phase two of the process is almost fully finished with that first stack of cut fabric.  I'm going to finish those up tomorrow (probably) and then start cutting more fabric, probably finish up the old fabric before I move onto the new one.  So that I can finally get all my old fabric finished. 

In addition to the peonies, I talked about putting my wine glass charms in there.  I might hold off on those for now though, I feel like I'm spending all of my paychecks before I get them.  Although I've only gotten one so far, but still; if I want to go to my cousin's wedding thanksgiving weekend I'm going to have to cut back on my spending.  So I'll probably pull the wine glass charms from my shop and put them in that store for starters. I'm looking forward to moving onto phase three of the peonies though, but for now, I'm trying not to feel impatient when cutting fabric so that I don't burn myself out before things really kick into high gear. 

In addition to all of this, I'm learning the updated software for our lighting console at church and because we're adding more LED lights every week or two, it's starting to take longer to do the programming.  Which means two weeks out of the month I have to go in to church on Thursday nights to get my base looks programmed (if not more) when worship team is rehearsing, and then make any tweaks on Saturday so that I can get back to doing more dynamic lighting. 

There are other, some what minor things, but they aren't as important.  What does all of this mean for my etsy shop you ask?  Well after I list the last two peonies from the six I made last week, I'm going to take a break from making and listing new things for there until close to Christmas.  If I even start listing anything new by then that is. 

With that I'm going to leave you with an email I got from my friend last night, Romance Novel 2011

He grasped me firmly, but gently, just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room.  Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice close to my ear. "Just relax." Without warning, he reached down, and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my calves, slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure. When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties. Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a man, I thought... a man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking 'No' for an answer. A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say...

 

 

"Okay ma'am, you can board your flight now."

No comments: