Monday, September 11, 2017

That Was Fast

Either I over estimated how long it would take for me to organize my jewelry, or I worked faster than I thought I did.  For some time now I've been thinking of organizing my costume jewelry.  I had previously been using small boxes to dump my earrings, bracelets and necklaces in them.  Which worked fine for years, but some how over the years things got mixed up.  My earrings were no longer stored in pairs, and when I looked for my small cubic zirconium stud the other day, I couldn't find either one.  It was then that I decided it was time to organize my jewelry.  I have several pieces that I made myself when I was making jewelry to sell on etsy.  But since I stopped making jewelry to sell, with the exception of the one pair I made recently (which are currently for sale), I have made myself a few things and well, they just added to the pile.

I had been seriously thinking of buying something to hang on the wall and hang my necklaces from, for several months now, but don't really have a good spot for it in my room.  Plus I honestly don't have a lot of necklaces that are costume jewelry.  I mostly wear a gold chain and cross, silver chain and cross, or silver chain and snowflake.  I was going to make something for my necklaces and ended up just buying something.  I also found nice jewelry trays that worked perfectly for the majority of my stuff.

costume jewelry in jewelry trays
Found these trays at TJ Maxx

Cream wood bar with clear knobs
Found this at Home Depot, it's similar to the Command hooks one, only bigger. 

Cream wood bar with clear knobs
The two holes are for mounting screws, I used Command strips instead.  I will eventually use the covers for those holes or add a hook to each one.  Or simply leave them be. 

As you can see, I don't have that much costume jewelry, just a few necklaces, some bracelets and several pairs of earrings.  It's a mix of handmade and store bought.  I feel better having done this.  It also was good motivation to clean out the junk drawer in my lingerie chest (which I put the trays in), and bag up all of my old bottles of nail polish (never mind how old they are). For some reason I had been thinking the junk drawer didn't have much in it, but it was pretty full.  Not as full as it once was, but still enough that I had to a few minutes to empty out, sort things into piles and move said piles.  I now have to clean my office, since the stuff that was in the junk drawer is now here.  The mess isn't too bad, just a couple small bags/containers of craft supplies and a small pile of papers on my desk.  The biggest issue is finding something to put the craft supplies in, into my display cabinet.  Another task for another day. 


No comments: